In flagrant violation to UN security council, Israeli forces incur into Qalqilya
Palestine-Israel, Military, 4/27/2002
While the Israeli army threatened to use the military solution against the "Church of Nativity," Israel on Friday continued its acts of repression and breaking in, in the occupied Palestinian territories. The Palestinian Raed Mousa Ibrahim Nazzal of the People's Front For the Liberation of Palestine was shot by the Israeli forces when these forces stormed the city of Qalqilya by tanks until it reached Selayat al-Daher village in the West Bank.
The Israeli radio said that during the breaking in operation 20 Palestinians were arrested and other three wounded by the Israeli army bullets during their participation in a "silent march" including 1000 persons who were heading towards the headquarters of the chairman of the Palestinian Authority who is besieged in Ramullah to express their solidarity.
The Israeli army admitted that its forces participated in stealing Palestinian properties during the aggression against the West Bank, while the Israeli defense minister Benjamin Bin Aliazer said that his army saw great losses during its storming into the Palestinian cities and villages. He, on the other hand, explained that the Israeli forces will not withdraw from Qalqilya and the adjoining villages.
The Mouthpiece of the Jewish community in Britain "Jewish Chronicle" quoted an Israeli security source that Israel is planning now for the second phase of its war against the Palestinians if the American efforts in what it called a solution between the Palestinians and the Israelis will fail.
The source stressed that Israel will not return back the situation to what it had been before its occupation of the West Bank.
Concerning the negotiations between the Palestinian and Israeli sides on lifting of siege from the church of Nativity, Israel insisted on arresting the besieged Palestinians and bringing them before the court while the Palestinian side asked for convening them to Gaza.
While an Israeli source claimed that progress was attained in the negotiations, Munzir al- Oyowi -- of the national movement for change in Bethlehem -- stressed that negotiations have failed completely in reaching any result.
For its part, the Israeli army announced it does not rule out the military option against the church of Nativity in which 30 monks and almost 200 Palestinians are besieged.
Palestinian court sentences persons accused of killing Zeifi
Six Palestinians killed, Israel mocks Europe, Arafat refuses to leave to Gaza
UN fact-finding mission to arrive in Middle East on Saturday
UNSC can try Israeli generals for war crimes
Israel threatens to invade Gaza, 6 Palestinians shot, builds a settlement
Israeli forces continue brutal operations of breaking in, detention, execution
Please add a link on your webiste pointing to ArabicNews.com and bookmark ArabicNews.com & subscribe to our daily email news bulletin.
| Advertise on ArabicNews.com. MyFlowers.com sold more than $2700 of flowers in one month advertising on ArabicNews.com! Make your company, and products a success. Special rate for new and small business. Inquire!Advertising Info