Due scientific and economic cooperation between Syria and Dubai Internet city
Syria-United Arab Emirates, Economics, 9/26/2000
Director general of Dubai's district authority for technology, electronic trade and the media and the executive director for Dubai's city for the Internet announced readiness to receive several specialists in the area of information technology in Syria with the aim to draw practical plans and studies aiming at revitalizing joint technology cooperation as well as scientific and economic cooperation between Syria and 'Dubai city for the Internet.'
This invitation comes at a time when the Syrian Cabinet is studying a project to found a share-holding company that will have interest in the Internet service infrastructure. The shares will be sold at an initial capital of US $ 13 million. The Syrian telecommunications establishment will provide 25% of this project in installing the infrastructure, the cables and the buildings. The other 75% will be given to the private sector and priorities will be given to international companies.
The project is expected to start in the year 2001 and will last for five years at very low price equal to local calls price.
As a start the company will provide Internet service for 50,000 subscribers and the number will be later increased to 200,000.
In the line of Arab and international interest in the proposed projects of technology telecommunications proposed to be carried out in Syria, Saudi Business men showed desire to take part in implementing the Mobile-phone network project in Syria at B.O.T (Build - Operate - Transfer) system.
Earlier the Syrian telecommunication establishment announced internal and external bid prices for the networking project.
Worthy mentioning that this project is composed on a cellular networking of a 850,000 subscribers capacity for each operator. The project will be set into operation after the establishment of the administration company according to its technical, legal and financial conditions, besides the possibility of contracting with two other operators at the beginning of the project. The establishment can also bring a third operator by the end of the 7th year.
Hawatemah and changes in Syria
Banning double taxation between Emirates and Syria
Seale on the new changes in Syria
Bashar al-Assad leads campaign to spread the Internet in Syria
Syria signs loan agreement with Abu Dhabi Fund
Syria, UAE to establish free trade zone
Please add a link on your webiste pointing to ArabicNews.com and bookmark ArabicNews.com & subscribe to our daily email news bulletin.
| Advertise on ArabicNews.com. MyFlowers.com sold more than $2700 of flowers in one month advertising on ArabicNews.com! Make your company, and products a success. Special rate for new and small business. Inquire!Advertising Info